You are all my heroes . I don’t think I’ve told you that. Your sweetness and help, all of your support and friendship, throughout what I can only describe as one of the wildest rollercoaster rides of my life and almost death, have meant everything. They have made New York feel like my home in a way that is deeper than I can express.
They say you remember people by how they make you feel. Well, this year, you all made me feel incredibly held and loved. I really can’t thank you enough as the lows were pretty stark. The highs were pretty unbelievable too. I’m not sure I’ve ever laughed as much or as loud as I did this year and even though I’m a crier, I’m pretty sure I’ve never cried as much and as deeply either.
I had a dream last night. I was in India on a very foggy beach and I had lost my group and my guide. The fog was so thick I couldn’t see a foot in front of me. So much so that I kept walking into the water not knowing it was there. A friend appeared in the fog and grabbed my hand. We heard the guide’s voice and started following it. I was never scared.
This pretty much says it all. 2016- I’m starting you a bit rattled and at sea. Perhaps even a little worse for the wear, but the good news is that there are so many guides along the way. I have no fear. I have a thriving community. I have a big love in my life. Two dogs to cuddle at night. And I have a pair of mukluks to keep my toes warm. So, honestly, being lost is not all that bad. I say this often enough in class, knowing where you are is overrated. And the most interesting things happen in this unchartered space. So here I am 2016. I’m sure you are bound to be quite surprising, at the very least. I’m not even in a place where I can set an intention or a goal. I’m just going to step into you wholeheartedly and trust that there are things at work larger than myself. I’m going to take a back seat for once and relax into whatever it is that you offer me. I’m yours.
- Wednesday nights, starting THIS Wednesday, January 6 at 6:30 come to the Bhakti Center (on 1st and 1st) to practice. The Jam is going downtown. Suggested donation is $20. If you don’t have them, donate what you can. Come play.
- We’ve extended the Early Bird for Salvador Bahia, Brazil April 9-15, till January 15th since things seemed too hectic with the holidays. Come with us!
- Saturday January 9, I will be back at Synergy Hot Yoga, in Fair Haven, NJ, teaching my Inversions Lab from 1-3. Sign up HERE
- Two Sunday Jams this month: January 24th 12:30 to 2:30 at Pure East ( to come as my guest, message me) and Sunday Jan 31 from 3:15-5:15 at the Bhakti Center (all are welcome).
- Laura Brandel and I are teaching a charity class for the SMS School for Girls in Vrindavan, India on Friday January 22 from 6-7. This school is dear to both our hearts and does such good work with these kids. For only 45 dollars you can sponsor a kid with food, schooling and uniforms for a year. It is truly amazing. It will be one hour of vinyasa with and then we will restore and sing. We hope you can make it. You can check it out HERE.
- I will be back at JP Centre Yoga on Sat 30 Teaching the Art of Hands on Assists and for the first Kirtan with my band! We are so excited!!! We don’t have a name yet. All is coming. So check the website!
Thanks everyone for helping me remember that knowing isn’t everything and for hanging with me through the thick and the thin. I really feel incredibly lucky and humbled by all of you. That’s it everyone. Enjoy your people. Enjoy the New Year! Stay on the path.